Re: [F8]: Getting MIDI player to work: HOW?

On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 05:52:09PM -0700, Dan Thurman wrote:

> Hmm.  I did not realize that since my Amarok and other
> sound players do work, why is it that MIDI does not?
>
> I do have PulseAudio installed...
>
> Also, when I click on PulseAudio Device Chooser, nothing
> appears at all.
>
> Anyway, can someone point the way?
>
> Thanks!
> Dan

I dunno about Fedora, but on Centos 5 (RHEL5) there is no midi player.
I couldn't find a RPM for timidity++ anywhere, but it was easy to
build and install. now my web browser can play midi tracks without
hassle.

I know, some people prefer binary RPMs only, but sometimes they just
aren't available.

--
---- Fred Smith -- fredex fcshome stoneham ma us -----------------------------
                     all ages, now and forevermore! Amen."