Thunderbird and attachments

Antonio M antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Wed Jun 11 10:22:13 UTC 2008

2008/6/10 Robin Laing <Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca>:
> Antonio M wrote:
>>
>> I am attaching images to be printed elsewhere. When they are received,
>> sometimes they are not completed (a part of image is greyed).
>> Shall I blameThunderbird or my ISP????
>>
>> Tnx
>>

> From my experience, it would depend.  It could also be the mail client on
> the other end of the network.
>
> I have never had issues with Thunderbird, but I may not be sending files as
> large as you are.
>
> How large are the files?
>
> How many files at a time?
>
> Some ISP's have file size limits and others have limits on the amount in a
> mail box.  I know at work we have message size limits that are different
> between external and internal worlds.  Causes lots of problems.
>
> If you can test, try different file sizes and see when you run into the
> limit.
>
> Also making a rar or zip file could indicate a problem sooner.  Also with
> rar files, you can send repair files so the whole image doesn't have to be
> sent again.  Or if you find a file size limit, strip the file down to
> smaller parts and rebuild them on the other end.  Zip files can be repaired
> in many cases as well.
>

> --
> Robin Laing
>
> --

Tnx.

The behavoiur is random.
1) files dimensions may be less than 1 MB or 4 MB. And I found that
sometimes larger files are o.k. while smaller files are not.Only one
file attached to a message
2) I sent some images using gmail and I didn't find any problem, but
maybe it was just a chance.
3) There is no limit on my ISP mailboxes (or if it exists it is 10 MB
per message)

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag