yum update sorts by file size before downloading

The last few times I've used "yum update", I noticed the files are downloaded in order, smallest first.

Is that deliberate, or just a coincidence?

If it is deliberate, I'd like to suggest sorting in the other direction so largest is downloaded first.

That way, while I'm waiting for it, I can always tell that the "next" file will be the same size or smaller than the one just completed, so I can better estimate how long it will be.

Also, perception-wise, it gives the *appearance* that the process is speeding up instead of slowing down. :-)

And, after all down loads are complete... a little summary of the average transfer rate would be nice.

I like the new "scale" showing total % and individual file %...