Re: Checking CPU temperature

Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
Paul Smith wrote:

Thanks, Patrick. With 'sensors-detect', I get the following:

Some CPUs or memory controllers may also contain embedded sensors.
Do you want to scan for them? (YES/no):
AMD K8 thermal sensors...                                   No
AMD K10 thermal sensors...                                  No
Intel Core family thermal sensor...                         No
Intel AMB FB-DIMM thermal sensor...                         No

And yet:

$ sensors
it8712-isa-0290
Adapter: ISA adapter
<-----------[snip]----------->
M/B Temp: -55.0°C (low = +127.0°C, high = +127.0°C) sensor = transistor CPU Temp: -2.0°C (low = +127.0°C, high = +127.0°C) sensor = transistor Temp3: +49.0°C (low = +127.0°C, high = +90.0°C) sensor = thermal diode
cpu0_vid:   +1.350 V

$

Cannot get the CPU temperature.

Paul

You should never get a negative temperature reading. With the exception of military grade equipment, very little equipment is rated to operate below the freezing point of water.

The fact that sensor-detect did not find any temperature detectors is also a good indication that your motherboard does not support it.

Or he doesn't have the right modules installed, or his calibration is totally hosed. I recall that there is a file with the conversion to units from the voltages in the sensors. I can't ell you what it is, though, or how to get the correct values.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen tmr com>