Re: Fwd: [help] how to deal with Incorrect metadata area header checksum in LVM

Zhen Zhou wrote:
On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 8:45 PM, David Timms <dtimms iinet net au> wrote:
Zhen Zhou wrote:
So what is the right path to recover these lvm?

Any tips will be welcome! Thanks in advanced,

BTW: the attached is lvm metadata file. More detail information
needed, pls tell me.
You might find experts in LVM hanging out on:
linux-lvm redhat com [subscription required].

Good luck.
FTA, thanks for your tips.
and I really wonder whether these errors "Incorrect metadata area
header checksum,
Volume group VolGroup00 metadata is inconsistent" is impossible to recover.

Or what I need to deal, is to follow:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general/196481
to recover all lvm's data?

Any tips will be welcome. TIA

Zhou Zhen

I asked in a related thread on the developer's list and I'll ask here. Someone please let me know if my question doesn't make any sense. Is it harder to recover files from an LVM than with the older partioning scheme?

--
An unwillingness to embarrass oneself makes learning more difficult