Re: hard drive install FC6 failed

RyanYee/叶晔 wrote:
1.I put DVD iso file in my window partision like E:/fc6/fc6xxx.iso
2.I get vmlinuz & initrd.img from isolinux directory (inside of
fc6xxx.iso),put them in E:/fc6

Aa Far As I Know none of the nixes refer to drives by letters like e: that is a windows convention.

3.in grub command line
grub> kernel (hd0,5)/fc6/vmlinuz
grub> initrd (hd0,5)/fc6/initrd.img
grub> boot
4.enter install step ,choose method "Hard drive",then "No driver found".

Probably because of the way you refer to the file and where it is stored. Maybe you need a separate FAT or FAT32 partition to store the ISO or even better something formatted with ext3 or other nix filesystem, others can probably explain it better but I would say that is your problem.

--
An unwillingness to embarrass oneself makes learning more difficult