Re: DVD Based backup without scripts ?

On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 09:33 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-06-14 at 15:07 -0600, linuxguy wrote:
> > I'd like to backup a bunch of data onto DVDs.   About 16 GB worth, more
> > than a single DVD holds.
> >
> > Is there a (GPL?) Linux utility that I can use to do this easily ?
>
> Will k3b do this?

I doubt it. k3b is for copying stuff to/from to CD/DVD media. It can
handle straight data files, audio CDs, iso images etc., but AFAIK it's
not going to automatically split a large data set into multiple DVDs.
Even if it did, I wouldn't bet on being able to recover anything from
the middle of the set, which is a fairly basic requirement for a backup
system.

However I haven't tried doing this, so who knows?

poc