Numeric keypad fails w/ F8->F9 upgrade

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Sun Jun 15 23:20:51 UTC 2008

> On Tue, 2008-06-10 at 16:19 -0400, Max Pyziur wrote:
>> In F8, my numeric keypad worked correctly with spreadsheets,
>> calculators, and other applications.
>>
>> I've noticed that although the NumLock indicator comes on, no activity
>> from the keypad registers with F9 applications; I have to use the top
>> row of the keyboard.
>
> On my cleanly installed Fedora 9, the numberpad works as a numberpad,
> but I noticed that I had to toggle the numlock key a couple of times.
>
> Do you, perchance, have any assistive technology settings set that turn
> the numberpad into a mouse control?

That was it. Seems that Laszlo BERES had answered this on May 18th.

System->Preferences->Personal->Assistive Technologies

And then "Keyboard Accessibility", and then the "Mouse Keys" tab.

There will be a checkbox.

I never had this set under F8, so I'm surprised that it defaults to this.

Thanks for your help.

Max Pyziur
pyz at brama.com