Re: CD/DVD writer

Good idea. I'll look there. I had looked in /var/log/messages and saw nothing, but I know dmesg should show something.

Chris

stan wrote:
Chris Carlson wrote:

[snip]

Are there any settings or other places I should look for a problem? Is this a Fedora bug? I'll file a bug if I'm not the only one seeing this problem.

You could run dmesg | less and go down to the bottom after the failure. You should see some error messages there. I have a problem with the DVDR but it is that it won't read previous disks. Work in F7, not in F9. I opened a bugzilla. Perhaps you should do the same.
Chris