Re: I am confused about DHCP

I see the uid only for Windows computers (don't be fooled by ethernet 00:16:d4:dc:a7:08, this is a dual-boot machine, actually it can start with Vista, F9, F10!!!)

I can't speak to the "uid" issue but the Fedora box is probably showing up multiple times because you have lots of unexpired leases.

Is Acer the name of the computer when it boots to Windows or its name when it boots to Fedora?

John Cornelius