Something is wrong with my desktop

Markus Lindholm markus.lindholm at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 10:32:39 UTC 2008

See below

2008/6/17 David Timms <dtimms at iinet.net.au>:
> Markus Lindholm wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a F9 that was installed from scratch and is fully updated but
>> there seems to be something fundamentally amiss with the desktop. The
>> symptoms are as follows
>>
>> - Evolutions hangs from time to time.
>
> min/max duration of interval ?

It will hang indefinitely, or at least 10 min

> do you have folders with thousand of emails ?

Yes, very much so.

> is it a 100%cpu or 0%cpu hang ?

0% hang

> does top, iotop show anything weird when it happens ?

No, nothing special there.

> would you like to try running under the debugger ?
> see https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/StackTraces#Capturing_Stack_Traces

I'll look into it.

What I found out is that if I kill the process
/usr/bin/gnome-keyring-daemon -d --login
these hangs don't occur anymore. Although I still can't use nautilus
to brows to a smb share

/markus