Re: A question for the open source people

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 17:47:29 -0700 (PDT)
Michael Harpe <mharpe79 yahoo com> wrote:

> What I have always been curious about is this: how many of you actually take advantage of the open source? In other words, how many of you really take the source code and do something with it?

In terms of actual source code that I have submitted for the "public good", the
only things I can think of in the past couple of years are a (very) small
contribution to xmame, a credit card verification thing and a
special-purpose string comparison routine.  Nothing of any interest to 99+% of
people around here, though, and xmame isn't, strictly speaking, an open source
project within the currently accepted meaning of the term.