Re: Sound doesn't work after suspend/hibernate Fedora 9

Matt Morgan wrote:
When I boot my computer all the way up, sound works fine.

When I return from suspend or hibernate, sound is gone. I don't get any obvious error messages, I just don't hear anything.

It's Fedora 9, i386, on an intel board with integrated Intel sound. Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks,
Matt
I had a similar problem with my dell...but that was on f8. I haven't had any issues in f9. It's a pain in the ass, but dropping into runlevel 3, rmmod-ing the sound module (probably snd-hda-intel) and then loading it again and going back to init 5 solved the problem when I was experiencing it. Good news is the next version of alsa is supposed to have a ton of hda-intel improvements.
Endy