Fedora 9 installation

Sriram Ramaswamy sr2701 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 05:48:43 UTC 2008

Hi Guys,

I am a total newbie to Linux (less than a week) and open source and I began
my experiments with Fedora and I have to admit its one very cool system.

My problems began with trying to install the Fedora core 9 64 bit version.
The anaconda installer identifies my Nvidia Ge Force card perfectly but
after that X server begins its work it just halts. This happens even in the
32 bit version. I thought I might have burned the DVD wrong and retried with
a fresh new DVD but it still halted.

This is odd because I have tried installing FC 8 32 and 64 bit version and
they both work fine. The 64 bit also lets me install the latest release of
the Nvidia driver with no problems.

This is my computer's hardware configuration. I have a AMD Phenom 9500 Quad
Core Processor 1.80 GHz, 4 GB DDR RAM, NVidia GeForce 8600 GT Display
adapter, Atheros L1 Gigabit Ethernet Controller.

Suggestions please.

Please note this is my first time here and if I am breaking any rules by
sending out this mail please do let me know.

--
Sriram.
http://macroeconomy.in/