Re: NM alternatives for wireless

Andras Simon wrote:
Are there any alternatives to NetwokManager for managing wireless connections?
I don't care if it's got gui or cli as long as it lets me configure
multiple connections and choose from among them.

Andras

I have a similar situation, wireless at home and at the office and at Wifi hotspots all over town. To be honest, I've given up on the GUI clients almost completely (NM I think might be coming along, but it's not high on my list to try to debug since I don't use it that often) and have gone with some very simple BASH scripts that let me load whatever configuration I want when I need it. I've never been particularly lucky with loading wireless interfaces on boot (one desktop being the exception, it works perfectly) and load them as I need them.

Granted it's not as user friendly, but it's simple, it works consistently for me and it's one less thing I have to worry about.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support