Re: QOS

Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
:-) so funny....

I manage myself the network via iptables rules.
I don't want to bring traffic to 0, just limit downloads availability to certains users

Mark Haney a écrit :
Luc MAIGNAN wrote:
Hi,

What is the easyest way to limit bandwitdh usage for an IP address on my network ?

BR

Pull the network cable?  That'll limit it to 0.

Actually, I'd probably use policing on the switch that system is connected to. If it's a managed switch.

I've not ever found a real good linux bandwidth limiter for just a single system.

IIRC there's a bandwidth shaper module in the kernel you might can try. I've never used it, or known anyone to use it, but that might work for you.

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support