Real player doesn't work on F9 under KDE

Patrick O'Callaghan pocallaghan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 14:10:10 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 08:13 +0100, Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Friday 20 June 2008 01:03:22 Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > Possibly. With the nodoka theme I fixed it by installing
> > gtk-nodoka-engine.i386, following Bassel's suggestion. However in trying
> > to do the same for qt (i.e. gtk-qt-engine.i386) yum pulled in an extra
> > 42 extra packages (yes, forty-two, the Ultimate Answer to Life, The
> > Universe and Everything). At least it tried to, before bailing out on a
> > conflict with kdelibs. I'm just going to back slowly away from that ...
>
> I have seen developers suggest that it's best to stay away from themes as long
> as we are running 4.0.  Have you tested with the original, default, theme?

I detest the default theme but just for the hell of it I tried the whole
thing under Gnome. It's exactly the same. Installing the nodoka.i386
engine as per Bassel's suggestion seems to have fixed any KDE-related
issues.

The problem now is with PulseAudio. See
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2008-June/msg02481.html

poc