FC 9 Installation IOError: [Errno 5] Input/output error (2)

Hallo,

there is a photo under

http://www.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/~kirsten/pics/fedora.jpg

I try to install Fedora 9 on a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Xi2550
using a DVD.   I use text bases installation due to Radeon HD2700.

When the installation program installs the rpm-packages from the DVD,
it stops after some hundred packages and gives a long python-related
error message ending by

   IOError: [Errno 5] Input/output error

Then, the installation terminates...

Is there any solution or workaround for this issue?

Best regards,  Daniel