Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

Konstantin Svist fry.kun at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 16:26:33 UTC 2008

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Craig White <craigwhite <at> azapple.com> writes:
>
>> Kevin Kofler stated it clearly...the 3 Fedora developers made the
>> decision without any input from RedHat at all.
>>

> Actually we're 5: 4 packagers (Than Ngo, Rex Dieter, Lukáš Tinkl and me) and
> one Live CD maintainer (Sebastian Vahl) who also maintains/comaintains some
> packages. And there are many other participants in the KDE SIG who did some
> work too, for example Pavel Shevchuk (Stalwart) who did the Fedora Waves
> KSplash and KDM themes.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

I have a question for you, as a maintainer: how much trouble would one
run into if one wanted to build/maintain unofficial KDE 3 packages for F9?
Let's assume that this hypothetical package would not be compatible with
KDE4 (that is, both couldn't be installed at the same time).. since this
has already been mentioned as a deal-breaker.

I'm asking because I'm not in the least familiar with package
maintenance procedures.

Thanks!