Re: Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 18:09 -0400, David Boles wrote:
Anne Wilson wrote:
On Friday 20 June 2008 21:09:57 Craig White wrote:
My experience is that each Linux
distribution has its own strengths and weaknesses and that all Linux
users benefit from having options.
Precisely. I use CentOS where I need total stability, Mandriva where I want ease for technophobics and Fedora on the rest. Where else do you get choice like this?

Anne, and all KDE users. Do any of you really, and I mean really, believe that Fedora is responsible for the KDE 'problems'? That the KDE problems are not KDE's problems? That Fedora released in their ISO's a KDE that was made intentionally to 'break' KDE in Fedora?

I know that you don't Anne ;-) This is mostly addressed at the other users posting in these several threads.

Ok. How many of those of you that are disappointed or upset with KDE 4.x did any research *before* you installed/upgraded? How many of you downloaded a KDE Live-CD and actually tried it *before* you installed/upgraded?

I did that so I knew what I was getting into and I don't regret it for a
moment.

Linux *needs* more users such as you sir. I tip my hat to you.

So many, too many, times I see this 'same' thread, with a different subject, repeated over and over.

I use GNOME myself. And that too breaks from time to time. Especially in Rawhide.

--

  David