OT: need javascript/DOM help

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Jun 21 06:16:29 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-06-20 at 14:09 -0700, Mike Wright wrote:
> Are there any javascript/DOM gurus out there who can tell me why the
> html page below finds the <p> tag and the <div> tag but ignores the
> <a> tag.

> <a   id='a'></a>

I don't do scripting, but plenty of plain HTML.  Just wondering if your
browser is one of those that ignores empty elements?  (That sort of
thing, links to empty anchors being ignored, was an old complaint.)  If
you added some content, does it start to work.

e.g. <a id="a">something</a>

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.6-55.fc9.i686