Re: Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

Arthur Pemberton wrote:

> They'll wait till Fedora users and other similar early adopters have
> helped iron out the bugs. Kinda like Pulse Audio, NetworkManager, etc

I fear that will be a very long wait ...

Actually, NM has been getting slowly but steadily better on my machines.
It would have been very foolish to have waited.
(But I still don't like NM's "works like magic" approach.)

Sound remains a complete mystery to me.
As far as I can make out, pulseaudio is one of several "developments"
that were intended to make the sound setup simpler,
but which in fact have added another layer of obfuscation
to an already confused mess.
Too many cooks spoil the broth?

--
Timothy Murphy