Any hope of KDE 3.5 in F10? I want it too !

David Boles dgboles at gmail.com
Sat Jun 21 13:35:36 UTC 2008

Timothy Murphy wrote:
> Arthur Pemberton wrote:
>
>> They'll wait till Fedora users and other similar early adopters have
>> helped iron out the bugs. Kinda like Pulse Audio, NetworkManager, etc
>
> I fear that will be a very long wait ...
>
> Actually, NM has been getting slowly but steadily better on my machines.
> It would have been very foolish to have waited.
> (But I still don't like NM's "works like magic" approach.)
>
> Sound remains a complete mystery to me.
> As far as I can make out, pulseaudio is one of several "developments"
> that were intended to make the sound setup simpler,
> but which in fact have added another layer of obfuscation
> to an already confused mess.
> Too many cooks spoil the broth?

Pulseaudio is supposed to allow you to set the volume level(s) of various
applications/output devices so that they can be different. Music soft. Ta-Ta!
loud. As well as others. What is not so functional is the applications that
are not yet able to mix with pulseaudio.

I can;t speak about NM. I don't need or use it. I know some that do use it and
they do not have problems. I read of problems here though. Which, to me,
sounds like hardware support problems.
--

   David