ssh tunnel problems

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 22 08:06:34 UTC 2008

On Sat, 2008-06-21 at 19:34 -0400, Rick Bilonick wrote:
> What on the work server could be preventing the reverse tunnel from
> working? On the server I do use hosts.allow to only allow ssh from my
> home computer. Could this possibly prevent the reverse tunnel from
> working? Or is the problem on my home computer?

Firewalling?  But we can only guess without detailed information about
the network configuration, on both sides.

I would still try completely avoiding referring to localhost, anywhere.
It's awfully confusing trying to follow your steps, and I can forsee you
getting tangled in a knot.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.6-55.fc9.i686