Re: Firefox3 > Send Link > won't use Thunderbird

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Sun, 2008-06-22 at 12:04 -0400, Jim wrote:
Fc8, Firefox 3
When using File > Send Link in Firefox 2 it would open Thunderbird to send link, but in Firefox3 the feature doesn't work. In /,mozilla/firefox/default/user.js file, to select thunderbird, but it won't work in Firefox 3.
Below is contents of  user.js

user_pref("network.protocol-handler.app.mailto","/usr/bin/thunderbird");
user_pref("browser.tabs.showSingleWindowModePrefs", true);

What's different in FF3 ??

AFAIK this is a GTK setting, not specific to Firefox (FF uses GTK). Try
setting TB in the Gnome Preferred Applications dialogue. If you use KDE,
run gnome-control-center to get to it.

poc

Sorry about that, I'am running  KDE and I don't have

gnome-control-center  installed, do you know howto do this in KDE ?
Thanks for your responds.