Re: OAFIID:GNOME_NotificationAreaApplet

James Corteciano wrote:
Hi All,

I am using Fedora 9 and default Gnome version. Every time I've log-in, I'd
received the following a pop-up error message:

----------------
The panel encountered a problem while loading
OAFIID:GNOME_NotificationAreaApplet

Anyone how to fix this problem?

Cheers,
James

I have found that there is a corruption in the gnome files. I have found success by deleting all files in the /tmp associated with the "USER".

This seems to come up with "switch user" usage in my experience but I have not taken the time to test this.

--
Robin Laing