F9 - sendmail won't send on startup?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jun 23 15:48:37 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-23 at 14:33 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> I'm sure you know much more than me about this,
> but if you want logwatch to be sent to another local computer,
> I think you have to change the entry
>
> dnl # DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp,Addr=127.0.0.1, Name=MTA')dnl
> DAEMON_OPTIONS(`Port=smtp, Name=MTA')dnl
>
> as shown in /etc/mail/sendmail.mc .

Actually, no...  On second thought, I don't think so.  The original
configuration should be fine, it *listens* to the localhost (so logwatch
can output to email), but not to the external interface (so no hackers
can spam it).  It can still *send* elsewhere without changing that.

But, yes, I had changed that part of sendmail, because I wanted to try
sending mail between each machine directly, while fault finding the
peculiarities of all of this.  The problem existed before customising
sendmail, and after.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.6-55.fc9.i686