Re: let root be root?

--- On Mon, 6/23/08, Tom Horsley <tom horsley att net> wrote:

> From: Tom Horsley <tom horsley att net>
> Subject: let root be root?
> To: "Fedora" <fedora-list redhat com>
> Date: Monday, June 23, 2008, 12:24 PM
> On a new fedora 9 install the other day, I was running as
> root and clicked
> on the livna repo rpm link on the livna web pages and when
> the box came
> up, I clicked on "Go ahead and install this
> sucker".
>
> Then firefox (or someone, anyway) said "Oh no, you
> don't have permission
> to install rpms, I can't do that."
>
> AARGH!
>
> "What do you want for Christmas kid?"
>
> "I want to install a genuine Red Ryder rpm directly
> from firefox as root!"
>
> "You'll shoot your eye out, kid!"
>
> So just how many idiotic undocumented layers of
> "helpful" security software
> do I have to figure out how to use merely to have root
> permissions when
> running as root?
>
> --

root localhost:~/src# make install
./agrinst
make: execvp: ./agrinst: Permission denied
make: *** [install] Error 127

I was running as root and I got ``Permission denied''

It is strange and weird.  Guess not even root is root anymore.  Might be selinux, did setroubleshoot pop up?  run dmesg and it might be there.  It could also have something to do with this.

Regards,

Antonio