Re: let root be root?

On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 10:24 PM, Tom Horsley <tom horsley att net> wrote:
On a new fedora 9 install the other day, I was running as root and clicked
on the livna repo rpm link on the livna web pages and when the box came
up, I clicked on "Go ahead and install this sucker".

Then firefox (or someone, anyway) said "Oh no, you don't have permission
to install rpms, I can't do that."

AARGH!

"What do you want for Christmas kid?"

"I want to install a genuine Red Ryder rpm directly from firefox as root!"

"You'll shoot your eye out, kid!"

So just how many idiotic undocumented layers of "helpful" security software
do I have to figure out how to use merely to have root permissions when
running as root?