Re: Network connection issue

Jim Douglas wrote:
I boot up, get assigned an IP address by service provider, when I do an ipconfig I see the address.

But I can't browse the internet.  Suggestions?

(The computer has worked for the lat 2 years, on re-boot it no longer works.)

Jim

Are you sure its a valid IP?
DSL or cable internet?got a router?
have you pinged loopback, localhost, gateway? tried pinging a remote IP? if you can ping by IP but not name then DNS is screwy.

--
Fortune favors the *BOLD*