Re: rsh issue (access denied)...

On 24Jun2008 13:59, gerrynix <gerrynix yahoo com> wrote:
| Try a:
| # chkconfig --list | less
| and confirm that the services you require are "on." [...]

We know from the syslog lines that the service is "on" because there is
a PAM auth error message for rsh. "netstat -an | grep LISTEN" should
show the service being available, too. Port number 514, I think.

I'd check the PAM authentication configuration.
--
Cameron Simpson <cs zip com au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

It is seldom that liberty of any kind is lost all at once.      - Hume