Re: F8 -> F9 rpms -- Complete bollocks.

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Mark Haney wrote:

Here's what I see.  It all points to F9 repos:

[root sulla yum.repos.d]# yum repolist
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
repo id              repo name                                 status
InstallMedia         Fedora 8                                  enabled
adobe-linux-i386     Adobe Systems Incorporated                enabled
fedora               Fedora 9 - i386                           enabled
updates              Fedora 9 - i386 - Updates                 enabled

Except the InstallMedia one.  Could that be the problem?

Yes. Disable or remove that repository file and then run

# yum install yum-utils
# package-cleanup --problems

Clean them up and run

# yum update

Rahul

I can do that, but it does not explain the yum update output for PHP as compared to the RPM query of PHP. How can I tell if I'm getting the correct repos (maybe $releasever is being substituted incorrectly in yum somehow).

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support