Re: F8 -> F9 rpms -- Complete bollocks.

Mark Haney wrote:

I can do that, but it does not explain the yum update output for PHP as compared to the RPM query of PHP. How can I tell if I'm getting the correct repos (maybe $releasever is being substituted incorrectly in yum somehow).

If #yum repolist points to Fedora 9 repositories completely, you shouldn't have any problems. Yum can use -d <range 1 to 9> to provide additional debugging information but simply disabling the Fedora 8 repositories and running the commands I have given should fix this issue.

Rahul