grubby: unable to open /boot/boot.b: No such file or directory

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 16:00:33 UTC 2008

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 17:15:10 +0200, Thomas Rabaix wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for your reply. It is what I have. I have to mention that I
> updgrade from a FC4 to F8.

Doesn't make a difference, because FC4 also used GRUB.

> More over I have a file called 'boot.0800', can it be the boot.b file (backup) ?

No, afair it is the backup copy of the boot sector before LILO was
installed into it. The backups have different names for (E)IDE and
SCSI. Read the manual page. It's explained there.

/boot/boot.b is part of LILO. If you lost it, reinstall LILO.