Re: intel3945 WLAN and Siemens ADSL Modem

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008, d das wrote:

I have one 'Intel Corporation PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection
(rev 02)' card (quoted from `lspci`) in my Lenovo laptop. And my
Siemens ADSL modem has a Wireless network facility. But, though I set
the network up according to the modem manual, I am not being able to
get the wlan0 up.

'service network start' is giving me a message like this:
<<
Bringing up interface wlan0:  Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :
   SET failed on device wlan0 ; Invalid argument.
SIOCSIFFLAGS: No such device

Do you have the iwl3945-firmware package installed?

	Michael Young