YUM: problems to update the system

Joe Mild fedora at root-files.de
Sat Jun 28 07:50:37 UTC 2008

Hi,

my suggestion is to remove with yum wireshark-gnome wireshark muine
liferea  muine perl-DateManip. You can in install them after the update
again.

On Fri, 2008-06-27 at 17:44 -0700, Aldo Foot wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 4:15 PM, Fernando Tavares
> <tavaresfernando at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Hi and thanks, but...
> >
> > the ploblem is libgnutls.so.13
> >
> > After run "rpm -e rsyslog" the result is:
> >
> > --> Finished Dependency Resolution
> > Error: Missing Dependency: libgnutls.so.13 is needed by package wireshark-gnome
> > Error: Missing Dependency: libgnutls.so.13 is needed by package wireshark
> > Error: Missing Dependency: mono(gtk-sharp) = 2.10.0.0 is needed by package muine
> > Error: Missing Dependency: mono(glib-sharp) = 2.10.0.0 is needed by package muine
> > Error: Missing Dependency: libgnutls.so.13(GNUTLS_1_3) is needed by package wireshark
> > Error: Missing Dependency: libgnutls.so.13(GNUTLS_1_3) is needed by package liferea
> > Error: Missing Dependency: libgnutls.so.13 is needed by package liferea
> > Error: Missing Dependency: mono(gdk-sharp) = 2.10.0.0 is needed by package muine
> > Error: Missing Dependency: perl(:MODULE_COMPAT_5.8.8) is needed by package perl-DateManip
> >

> Maybe you should read up on yum/rpm and syslog stuff before you
> mess up your system. There is always the potential for trouble when things
> are removed from your system.

Hmm maybe but not with rpm -e rsyslog... rpm would tell you if there is
a dependency with other...

@Fernando
Have yum done updates before or have you done a upgrade e.g Fedora8 ->
9 ?

cu Joe