Re: GRUB menu video mode

Removing the splash= produces a pure text menu that the TV displays
properly. Thank you, Mikkel. TV's, even modern flat screens, make lousy
computer monitors. The basic purpose of this system is a DVR.

Jeremy K added the splash to grub to improve it, and as an advertising
vector. Side effect was my problem, which is fixable.

As far as grub sucking, it was written for a purpose by somebody else.
If you think it sucks, write something better. If you can't write, shut
up, and go away.

Excuse me, rude people make me rude. I am very good at being rude, you
should try me in person. Bring a helmet, and some bandages.

Carl