Dual Athlon cpu

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Mon Jun 30 16:12:59 UTC 2008

On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 18:44 +0300, Gilboa Davara wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-06-30 at 10:17 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > Running dual athlons using the i386 (or 686 depending the package) F9
> > release (this is an x86_64 system), is there some services that need to
> > be enabled for them to be maximized in their use?  Things such as
> > cpuspeed and such need to be on?  In other words (and not that
> > knowledgeable in this area), can you even tell if it's being used
> > correctly, and if your just doing small things, such as checking email,
> > browsing, those type things, is it used then as well, or more for when
> > doing things like compiling one program, then doing all the other stuff
> > like normal?
> >
> > Hope I worded my question right LOL
> >
> > --
>
> Are you talking about a dual Athlon MP (AMD762MP) or a dual-core
> Athlon64?

Athlon 64 X2 (B) 3600+ 1.9 GHz (65W)
        2000 MT/s (mega transfers/second)
        Socket AM2

Dual-Core.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01063553&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3443509&lang=en

Above should be the specs on the machine.

Does that info help clarify what I have and asking?

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org