Re: ssh reverse tunnel

Rick Bilonick wrote:
I re-installed Fedora 8 and now I can get a reverse ssh tunnel (from
server to home) by typing on the server:

ssh -R 2022:server.ip:22 home home ip

Then when at the home computer, I type:

ssh -p 2022 server localhost

This works fine. The only problem is the connection always times out
even though I've changed the sshd_config files on both machines to keep
it alive. I've restarted the sshd daemon also. Not sure why the
connection keeps closing.

Run something like
while date ; do sleep 60; done
in the ssh session setting up the tunnel, adjust sleep time if needed. That will generate some traffic to keep the connection from timing out.

--
Jaakko Ruutiainen