K3b can't mount CD in drive.

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sat Mar 1 00:02:24 UTC 2008

Jim wrote:
> FC8, i386, x86_64 both boxes.
> K3b can detect CD/DVD burner , but it can't mount empty CD's in drive.
> user or SU .
> Last week I could burn CD's in both boxes but not this week.

I don't think being able to mount empty CDs is your problem. As far
as I know, you have never been able to mount empty CDs. There is no
file system to mount. You also can not mount audio CDs. Also, when
you burn a CD, you are creating a new file system. So you would not
want it mounted even if you could do it.

I suspect that you have a permission or SELinux problem. You can
check your logs and see if they have anything to say.

Mikkel