A great article on why to use SeLinux

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sat Mar 1 02:22:45 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 08:41 +0000, klybear wrote:
> I'm new full time linux user, having temped with one or two distros in
> the past, and I have to say that my experience of selinux has been
> frustrating. I never had any Selinux issues with Ubuntu or Debian, but
> since using Fedora, three of the four problems I've solved so far turned
> out to be related selinux permissions and the fourth one I'm still
> working on :)

I can't say that I've really had any problems with it since about FC3.
And, in all probability, I'll bet that most of the time it's not SELinux
that has a problem, but badly built software that expects to be allowed
to do too much on your system.  And users trying to do daft things.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.