Flash for amd64

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Sun Mar 2 18:15:27 UTC 2008

On Sun, 02 Mar 2008 16:59:09 +0000
John Austin <ja at jaa.org.uk> wrote:

> nspluginwrapper-0.9.91.5-17.fc8.i386

That one confuses me. Why would 32 bit firefox need
to use nspluginwrapper? (And it does use it too, cause I
found the 32 bit version in 100% cpu loops till I removed
the 32 bit nspluginwrapper :-).

I'm sure my problems are dependent on specific flash apps
because the more trivial and annoying the flash content
is, the more likely it is to work fine. I get the infinite
loops when I try to do things like access my credit card's
"shop safe" app to generate one-time credit card numbers
(which I'd vastly prefer a non-flash way to do, but that's
a different problem :-).

I believe I once did submit a bug report to the nspluginwrapper
author, but it is hard to describe how to reproduce. Unless
you get a similar credit card with the same shop safe app, you
can't get to the case that I know reproduces it. Other cases
that trigger the bug appear to be things like randomly inserted
web ads that don't show up again when I go back to the page,
so I don't even know which one caused it.