add and remove without net

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Mar 4 22:49:48 UTC 2008

arunbkn at aol.in wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have a loaded FC8 through DVD, after loading it properly, whenever I want to add and remove programs it look for the net repositories, where as I would like to do that through CD. (as most of my clients do not have the net access.) how can I do that ??
>
> 2) ho can I create a local repository in net work ??
>
> Arun

In the repo manager feature in Add/Remove software (pirut) you should be
able to disable the network repos and add the local repo if you have one
already setup for the disc.
Alternatively you could setup a local repo on your system and move the
rpms to the disk space. You will need to manually create a repo file and
install the createrepo program to run on the directory you placed the
rpms within.
There should be websites setup where people put down the step by step
processes needed on. I don't know of any links off hand though.
It is not too hard to setup.

Jim

--
It is much easier to suggest solutions when you know nothing about the
problem.