Konqueror vs Firefox

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Mar 6 22:38:51 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 17:06 -0500, David Boles wrote:
> I tried your site and loaded "Soldier, militants killed in Gaza" and
> then loaded the forty cartoons that I mentioned. I scrolled up and
> down the whole time that the forty sites were loading without any
> problems. I picked a URL from the page and reloaded all tabs. That
> would be forty-two pages. Still no problem scrolling up and down on
> the original page.
>
> I am not doubting what you say  ;-)  but I don't see this problem
> here.

Try doing what I specifically suggested, though.  Go to that site [1],
and background load a few articles from *that* site.

I'd be very surprised if you don't find it doing that annoying thing at
some stage.  Firefox's almost guaranteed to exhibit that fault on that
particular site (with all the gumph they add to pages, made all the more
worse with their timed page auto-refreshing), with Firefox in its usual
configurations (showing images, running scripting, using site styling).

But it doesn't take a site as convoluted as that one to exhibit the
problem, I picked it as it nearly always does.  It's quite a good "bad
example" site.

1:  http://www.news.com.au/

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.