Konqueror vs Firefox

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Fri Mar 7 17:45:36 UTC 2008

David Boles wrote:
> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>> David Boles wrote:
>>>
>>> Arthur - see if this makes any difference with Firefox for you. I
>>> does for me.
>>>
>>> Try a site first to compare to later. Then, as 'root' edit  /etc/profile
>>> add this
>>>
>>> export MOZ_DISABLE_PANGO=1
>>>
>>> It can be anywhere but I put it just under the original export line.
>>> save and close.
>>>
>> Wouldn't it be better to put it in a file in /etc/profile.d? That way,
>> it would survive an update. You should really create 2 files -
>> firefox.sh and firefox.csh.
>

> I had not thought of this that way. I don't do updates only clean
> installs. But you could very well be correct.

I was thinking more along the lines of a setup RPM update. Depending
on how it was handled, you would end up with profile.rpmsave or
profile.rpmnew if you made the change in /etc/profile.

Do you know what the disadvantages of using this? Would it be worth
wile to add the /etc/profile.d/firefox.[c]sh files to the Firefox
package?

Mikkel