Konqueror vs Firefox

David Boles dgboles at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 21:09:57 UTC 2008

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> David Boles <dgboles <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> export MOZ_DISABLE_PANGO=1
>
> Be warned that that hack reduces international font support to a minimum.
> Probably even worse than Konqueror 3, and in Konqueror 4, the rendering should
> match Pango quality thanks to Qt 4, so MOZ_DISABLE_PANGO is probably much
> worse. And yet Konqueror is fast. :-)

Konquerors current speed I can not comment on. I do recall from years ago
that it was peppy. However there were sites that it could not render. What
they were I do not recall.

Aren't you one of the KDE/Fedora team? I understand that you have, if you
are who I think that you are, as I understand that you have made great
progress.

--

   David