Konqueror vs Firefox

Cameron Simpson cs at zip.com.au
Sat Mar 8 00:31:15 UTC 2008

On 07Mar2008 14:31, Nathan Grennan <fedora-list at cygnusx-1.org> wrote:
> David Boles wrote:
>>
>> Okay. Still trying to understand this.
>>
>> Is the 'fsync' problem, the differences for you, with the same page? I ask
>> because so many pages are so very active today. If it is a page, or
>> several? If you would like I would try them from here.
>>
> It doesn't matter so much about the page. Any page will do. From my limited
> testing it did it on every page. It was like click bookmark, page loads,
> gets to end of loading, eight fsyncs within a second of each other. Click
> another bookmark, page loads, gets to end of loading, eight fsyncs.

A significant change from FF2 to FF3 is the use of sqlite3 for the
bookmarks/session/history state storage. It would not surprise me if sqlite
were doing fsyncs at strategic points to ensure db consistency. I know I
moved a gdbm dependent app (bogofilter) off into a /dev/shm cache to avoid a
similar fsync storm last year sometime.

Just a thought.