Help to revert from KDE 4

Colin J Thomson colin at g6avk.demon.co.uk
Sat Mar 8 15:24:38 UTC 2008

On Saturday 08 March 2008 14:58:37 Claude Jones wrote:
> On Fri March 7 2008, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Before you decide to kill KDE 4 outright, make sure you have kdebase and
> > kdebase-workspace installed so you actually see KDE 4 the way it was
> > intended to work. The kdebase package was split in KDE 4 (there's now
> > kdebase-runtime, kdebase and kdebase-workspace) and upgrades don't always
> > pull in all three pieces.
>
> I too have begun considering reverting from KDE4 on one machine. It's been
> nearly unusable for about three weeks after applying the packages from
> kde-redhat.

I think you should of said kde-redhat-Unstable, unstable = probably not a good
idea.. use at your own risk etc :-)

That being said I wont go back to 3.5.8, kde-4.0.1 (from kde-redhat-unstable)
has grown on me. I am looking forward to 4.0.2, my only "niggle" is the
Plasma crash at start up and Kget not working plus a few other things...
apparently all fixed in 4.0.2

Cheers

Colin
--