set default application

arunbkn at aol.in arunbkn at aol.in
Tue Mar 11 06:38:09 UTC 2008

Dear All,

Recently I have again loaded the Openoffice.org on my fc8 pc.
But I double click on any *.odt file it gives me following error

Cannot open shift timings.odt
The filename "shift timings.odt" indicates that this file is of type "ODT document". The contents of the file indicate that the file is of type "Java Archive". If you open this file, the file might present a security risk to your system.

Do not open the file unless you created the file yourself, or received the file from a trusted source. To open the file, rename the file to the correct extension for "Java Archive", then open the file normally. Alternatively, use the Open With menu to choose a specific application for the file.

Than I have to choose "open with" option to open with word processor, Is there any way I can set word processor as default application of .odt files ?

Arun