Fedora's Official stand on qmail

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Tue Mar 11 23:16:22 UTC 2008

Rex Dieter wrote:
> Donald Reader wrote:
>

>> Now the real question is since it is public domain as stated on those
>> pages what is fedora's official stand on qmail and is there a
>> possibility of Fedora including a qmail package in the future.
>
> If that's true, then all that is needed is someone to offer to submit it for
> pkg review and maintain it.
>
> -- Rex

One might hope too for some kind of upstream support. I gather different
folk have lots of patches. Someone ought go through those and
accept/reject them.

I don't trust the claims on the qmail.org website about who's using it.
I tried to verify three.

The first timed out.
The second got connection refused; I then checked for an mx record and
found the reasl server. It doesn't use qmail.
The third, I tried the mx host and got connection refused.

The most impressive thing about the claims on this page,
http://cr.yp.to/qmail/users.html is their age.

Running on a Pentium 90. Linux 2.0 kernel.